I easily could have used this opportunity to start a pregnancy journal since I keep telling myself, "I sure wish I would have journaled during my pregnancy with Shawn so that I can compare my pregnancy with William." Sadly, I didn't ever journal for either. I guess there's still time to start for a few more weeks. So, here it goes:
9.22.2010 marks 33 weeks of pregnancy with William expected to arrive within 6 weeks!
I had a doctor appointment today, and all is going well. No concerns from the doctor and measuring right on target. I will have appointments weekly now, so getting close to William's arrival!
Stats: My blood pressure has stayed consistently at 120/80 and William's heart-rate in the 140s. Today, at 145.
Activity: William is very active!! I don't have proof, but I'm pretty sure he is way more active than Shawn was. He is definitely getting bigger and making my belly move all over the place. No more 'kicks and jabs', just all over rolling, pushing, and pressure. William has officially 'dropped' as well, according to the pelvic pain that began this week. The books say that he is likely to be sleeping 90-95% of the time, which is for sure not accurate for this little one. Shawn has always been a really good sleeper, and we just might be seeing the beginning of the opposite for William. I pray that we won't fall into the category of: 'good first child, challenging second child.' We hear examples all the time, in fact, again just tonight at church from a friend. I have been praying for William to be as 'easy' as Shawn has been, sure hope I get my wish. ;)
Sleeping: As for me, nighttime sleeping has already been plagued with the inability to fall asleep quickly. I went to bed early last night (10:30) and eventually got out of bed at 1:30 after sheer boredom of laying there with my body not interested in the slightest as to falling asleep. I used that time productively to finish up my Bible study and went back to bed at 3 and fell asleep somewhere around 3:30. Thankfully, John is off on Wednesdays and Thursdays and lets me sleep in. I love that he and Shawn take that time to enjoy doing stuff together while I rest. Today, they went grocery shopping and had a blast, and I was glad to skip the trip! :)
Weight Gain: I was a little sad to see that I had gained 3 pounds in the last two weeks since the last appointment I had actually lost a pound in those 2 weeks. Weight gain thus far is at exactly 20 pounds, which is good according to the average. My target weight gain is between 15-25 pounds based on the BMI scale for my starting measurements. My total weight gain with Shawn was 11 pounds, so I was hoping for another low amount this time around. My target weight gain then was 15 pounds or less because of my BMI calculations then. My starting weight this time as compared to last time was about 40 pounds less, so that was good. I actually left the hospital weighing less than my pre-pregnancy weight which really had me motivated to continue with my healthy eating habits post pregnancy. In those two years since then, I got down 2 sizes and started to fit in 3 sizes smaller and was a little bummed (briefly) that I would be starting all over again when I found out I was pregnant with baby #2. Thankfully, I am at least still wearing the same blue jeans from the beginning that are still plenty comfortable which is reassuring that I haven't expanded too much in the rear at least. ;) And to think that the Motherhood Maternity sales rep gave me the warning of, "those jeans won't last your whole pregnancy." I guess I should inform her that it is actually possible. :) OK, enough about weight already!
Discomforts: Hands down, I've now got pains! ;) Lower back. Sciatic nerve. Pelvic. Feet. The size and weight of my belly has officially taken it's toll on my lower bod. Thankfully, the horrid sciatic nerve pain comes and goes. I am so thankful that it is not constant, because it is awful! Pure torture. The last spell was a few weeks ago, and it literally had me doubled over in pain, crawling on the floor and I became very nauseous. Lower back pain is daily and when it gets really bad, I take tylenol-esque medicine. Feet, daily. I really should be wearing supportive shoes and kick the flip-flops to the curb, but just can't make myself do it. I vowed never to wear flip flips again after messing up my feet during pregnancy #1, and yet here I go again. I can't make myself buy a pair of sandals with a back strap to save my poor feet, just can't. I love me some flip flops. ;) Pelvic, daily, and not fun. Again, started this week and doctor said William has likely dropped and it is normal for this to occur sooner during the second pregnancy.
Pre-pregnancy luxuries that I miss: Easily, sleeping on my stomach! I long for the day that I can sprawl out on my belly and enjoy the blissful sleep it brings! Also, sleeping with one pillow instead of six! John could surely give a hearty 'amen' to that one! I have pillows tucked in everywhere to try to get as comfortable as possible and force myself to stay on my side. I have been waking up with my arms and hands asleep half the time, so I'm apparently needing to allow for more movement while I sleep. So, maybe I'll decrease my pillows to 4 now. ;)
I've actually started yawning now, so I guess it's time to head to bed. Feels good to actually get a blog completed for 2010. Hopefully I can keep it up. ;) If you're still there, thanks for reading! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment